you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

No new car, some people are a-holes

Yip, no new car. I drove all the way to Ottawa (5 plus hours) and it turned out that Randy is a big fat LIAR!! The car was a P.O.S. (piece of you know). I didn't brutally beat Randy's head in although I wanted to. I just...well lets recap the end of the conversation.

"Well Randy, I'm not gonna buy this car" said Steve while thinking that this guy has got to be the most ignorant person he's ever met.
"Oh, well I could lower the price a bit more" Randy replied in a weak voice.
"No, its not worth it, it needs way to much work" Steve said while shaking his head "You sure did paint a good picture of this car over the phone".
"Well I guess that that's problem with these long distance car deals eh" quipped Randy.
Steve thought to himself, almost out loud "No that's the problem with you being such liar" but didn't say it. "Well Randy, I'm gonna head home now, thanks for wasting my time".
"Sorry about that dude" replied Randy trying to sound innocent.
"Sure you are" barked Steve with a lot of sarcasm. Steve walked back to his truck and remembered the tire iron behind his seat and thought of how much damage he could cause to Randy's car, or limbs, but refrained because he remember that Jesus loves Randy to. So Steve forgave the man that had just ruined his weekend.

At least I took the scenic route home, kinda made up for it.


6 Comments:

Blogger Sgt Steve said...

No I don't need inner healing, Randy does!

12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's sad about your car deal gone sour. Liars go to hell, don't they? I liked your story, I kind of wanted to clobber him with a lead pipe at the end of it. You had a right to be mad at him, after all, he played you like a fiddle. =)

5:21 PM

 
Blogger Jon L said...

We should drive back and egg his house. It would be so fun!

7:29 AM

 
Blogger *sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

Now, Now you guys, what would Jesus do??
Jesus would probably whop his butt for sinning like a fox! Flip! Randy-the-liar is not a nice man. However, Steve, you rose above the situation with true grace. Loved the story by the way, I felt like I was in it, like an innocent bystander. Nice touch.

3:28 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

I might still egg his house though...road trip anyone???

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

i think you should have bought it anyway... i'm sure that's what Jesus would do.

nice try though... it's good you didn't kill him. One guy who's spent time in Jail (from my cell) is enough for me to deal with.

Ahem, Gary, Ahem.

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home