you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Saturday, May 13, 2006

So I wanna make some t-shirts...

...with these two incredibly intense pictures on them. And not only am I gonna have these pics on them, but I also want to put a clever scripture verse with them. You know, conversation starters and what not. Both of these pics are from metal bands. The first is the album cover for Antestor, a Norwegian Black Metal band. The second is an advertisement for a Rock Tour featuring Zao, Demon Hunter, Becoming The Archetype, and a few others. With some photoshop werk I made all the letters disappear!! woooooooow
With this one I'm thinking about how we have a choice between Life or Death. I think Deuteronomy 30:19 is a good one. Its were Mosses is giving one of his last speech's to the Israelites before he dies:

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!"

This one I was thinking about how Jesus conquered Death when he died for us on the cross. I think 2 Timothy 1:10 says it well:

And now he has made all of this plain to us by the coming of Christ Jesus, our Savior, who destroyed death and showed us the way to everlasting life through the gospel.

Whatcha think????

Oh, and if anyone has ever done the iron-on t-shirt thing tell me if it werked ok. I've heard bad things....

18 Comments:

Blogger snoopy said...

mettalique hawtneSS!!!!!!!!!

what are your pricEs?

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

snoopy, who are you!!! tell me please! I can't take the suspense anymore!!

7:33 PM

 
Blogger snoopy said...

but there aint no suspense...

unless U make/de some...

haha

how do u answer that question anway

"who are you?"

who "are u....." ...?

7:38 PM

 
Blogger snoopy said...

oh yeah

the iron on the tshirt thang

does work

esp if u have one of those machine things

my highschool has one they could let u use it 4 free too

they made the sokker sweatshirts the ones

with your nickname on the sleeve... i luv those

but yeah i say make the t-shirt

my metallique hawt freeKz would so buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as would meeh =D

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Brendan Daniel Serez said...

I like it bro.

I think you should try to sum it up in a few less words.

I know your full name Snoopy.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger snoopy said...

that's scary....


r u going to say how u know this?

5:24 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

really, really cool

i especially like the second one dude

3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an excellent idea! Way to be innovative. Is this a thought you're just toying with, or are ya you pretty serious? I vote for serious! Can you make me a tiger t-shirt? I love tigers.

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

ya Brendan, your right, definitly less words. Probably a short and catchy phrase at the top and the verse at teh bottom smaller or something....and you better tell me who snoopy is cause I'll beat it out of you...in a loving way...maybe.

oh heck ya I'm serious Sarah! I got the shirts already. I just have to transfer the pic now....somehow....meh

8:01 PM

 
Blogger snoopy said...

hey sgt

my friend saw yur entry

and her eyes lit up

shes kinda relative to

hardcore metallik freekk

but really picky

and still like the teeZ

so make em

you'll be "famouS" =P

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Gaz said...

I am the master of t-shirt making...
In fact, I have mad t-shirt making skills.

10:57 AM

 
Blogger Brendan Daniel Serez said...

Yeah man. Think of somthing that like makes no sense,but actually does, if you know what i mean, and then you will have people coming to you asking what the heck your t-shirt means.

The only thing is... some people might recognize the pictures from the bands and not ask you at all...

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Please use American Apparel shirts as not only are they dead-comfy but they are made in the USA rather than by small children in Honduras... their models are hot to!

3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tigers or Dolphins. Maybe with a little bubble coming out of the mouth saying something like "lets be friends!" Or something equally cool.

My birthday is July 26th....

7:21 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

wow, I never knew my friends could be so helpful...except I still don't know who snoopy is...Brendan I will beat it out of you!!

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Brendan Daniel Serez said...

i'll put everything in an envelope and give it to jordan to give to you.
ok?

8:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what are you waiting for? Christmas? Blog something!

6:05 PM

 
Blogger The Ken said...

Hey Steve,

A few suggestions...

See if you can find a company that uses CANADIAN workers - that'd be even better. (Since helping the US economy will probably only shaft your exchange rate.)

A friend of mine did some of the iron-on stuff you do at home and they didn't last long. However, if you get someone who's got the big industrial hot clamp-like thing, that'd be much better.

You might want to look into the copyright of using the images as well. If it's just for you to wear, it won't be a big deal but if you're selling them you could get in trouble. Worst case, you could maybe get someone to do new designs based on the same concepts.

They look good, though. As soon as I saw the reaper hanging from the tree I totally got the connection with defeating death. Nice.

Hey, see you in Sept!

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home