you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Monday, April 11, 2005

So everyone's a leader you say...

That's what we are told right? "God created everyone to be a leader". But you know what, its true. Yes true. The problem is that we have the wrong idea about what leadership means. I always thought that being a leader was to be a Pastor, CEO, Politician, President etc. Ok, those are definitely leaders. But who leads them? In a perfect world God would be their number one leader. But everyone has people who lead them in their everyday lives right? Or do they? Most people have parents and teachers leading them when they are young. But then what? Are we suddenly smart enough to go about the rest of our lives without help? Heck no!! So who leads us then?? And who's going to lead the next generation??

The truth is that we ARE all leaders. We lead others out of OUR everyday lives. I believe that Jesus lead his disciples through living His life as an open book. As in, the disciples knew everything about Jesus, they could read His life like a book. At anytime they could ask Him anything and He would answer. Jesus is our example to live by so we should do the same. Everyone of us has people in our lives that look up to us, anyone from people in our cell to our little siblings or people at work or school.

I've done my best to live my life open to those who look up to me. Even in times when its eaiser to keep quiet rather than to make known. Don't get me wrong, not every little detail is to be shared. This is definitly an area that must be submitted to God. And we all know that some things about life are just between you and God. I'm refering to the general topics, you know what I mean.

We are the leaders of tomorrow. Come on people! Thats what the G12 vision is all about. No, I'm not being payed by TACF to say this. I say it cause it works. I've seen it work. In my life and others also.

There's nothing better than God using our lives to set other people free. I absolutly love helping other people! I love that God uses me to give other people freedom and to open their eyes. Even if I was the most selfish person in the world, I would still help others cause its the best feeling ever.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Well said. Amen. Yes. I agree

10:11 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

excellent post Steve...

and your cheque is in the mail

2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's awesome Steve? YOU'RE HEART! I really don't know you well, but you seem to have your head on straight. Everyone leads in different unique ways. Some seem to have a spotlight hanging over them. Others seem to lead when no one important or prestigous is around to see. In a way, that's more of a blessing.

You know what they say,"if everyone was a leader, there would be no one to follow!" I'm not sure who "they" would be in this situation. But you can bet your sweet bippy "they" are full of crap! (not YOU, everyone in general) As Christians we're meant to disciple and be discipled. We all have something to teach. Some unique God-given wisdom to share with anyone who wants to listen.

Anyway, what i'm trying to convey (quite poorly cause it's late)is that I agree with your post. And thanks for your comments on my blog. =) Loved the thing about getting your friend to tell the person you like them. Hey, if we're going back to the old days why not just write a "check yes or no" note! I'm not sure if I'll be writing a "part two". What the hell do I know? I'm just talking gibberish. I'll have to find another dibatable topic now. =)

3:03 AM

 
Blogger Jake-M said...

lead on young man. Perhaps you may lead a convoy of Hollema's/Mangal's out East to see Mr. Jake one of these days? Like in July?

12:38 PM

 
Blogger dearbethany said...

me too...me too. New Brunswick is a good time. Also...leading people is so much easier when you think about it that way. The new quote would be 'don't do as I say, do as I do'. falling in line with the whole 'don't preach with words' saying. Yeah, I am a little lost. What I am saying is that leading with our lives instead of with our preaching is a far better option. And cells are great. So are cell leaders...cough laura cough.

9:09 PM

 
Blogger dearbethany said...

oh yeah, steve...you are too cool for paula abdool. I spelled it like that cuz it works more with the saying. But whatever. have a rocking afternoon.

9:10 PM

 
Blogger beth said...

Steve, thanks for that post. Very encouraging, and you know what? You're right. It's really cool to be passionate about leading and raising up people. Those people that would bash that sort of thing probably don't have the confidence you've clearly gotten from knowing your Dad and being one with Jesus. One day you'll realize how many guys(hey, why not girls too) really do look up to you and value your wisdom/ experience/ heart.
B :)

9:57 AM

 
Blogger *sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

STEVE!!!
I'll be seeing you soon! Oh and you should check out my blog and see if I mentioned your name anywhere . . .*hint,hint*

12:01 PM

 
Blogger beth said...

i always tell people I'm a model. I model Christ you see. I represent my maker and what I say and do potrays my creator.
carry on ambassador steve.
maija

11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home