you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Rally Racing good time

Last weekend me and a bunch of friends of mine went up to Bancroft to watch the annual Rally of the Tall Pines. It's Ontario's biggest rally event. If you don't know what rally is and you want to check out this site http://www.tallpinesrally.com/2003/Home/Welcome.asp .

So it was yet again a great time. The cars are crazy fast and real loud so its a real good time. Half the fun is the spectators. It's kinda like being at a soccer game and a comedy show at the same time. All the fans are hooting and hollering, and then there is always a few groups of drunken rally fans who are quiet comical. The best is the last few stages cause they're after dark and the fans are really hyper. So picture this, two groups of spectator's on opposite sides of the course (a good stones throw), facing each other and yelling back and forth. For example, one side would yell "Marco"!! And then the other side would answer "POLO"!!! Or one side would say "Osama"!! And the reply would be "Binladen"!! haha it was jokes. In the spectator group we were in there was a theme so it seemed. All the loud mouths started yelling TV and Movie quotes. The voice of Arnold from T2 "Sean Conner"!!! Or Arnold from kindergarten Cop "Who is your Daddy and what does he do"!!! And I added "It's not a tumor"!!! All of this of course in the best Arnold voices I've ever heard. And then there was plenty of Forest Gump quotes "Lieutenant Dan"!!! And Fat Bastard from Austin Powers "Where's the Crapper"!!! You would really have to be there to experience it to fully understand and appreciate how great of a time it really is. There's also the flash light wars. One side of spectators will start shinning their flash lights at the other group and in no time at all there is like 400 flash lights shining at you from the other side. Every year people bring bigger and brighter lights. Some people had some sort of mini spot lights this year, they were crazy bright. good times...

I'll be going almost for sure next year and we're always open for more people to go with us and experience a great Canadian time in the outdoors, what do you say??

6 Comments:

Blogger *sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

I wanna go!! Take me, TAKE ME!!!!
PLease Steve, I wanna go too and hurl insults I mean jokes, I'm good at that! Me go next!

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

thanks for bringing me

:-(

6:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHUT UP! "Osama...Binladin!" HA, I'm still laughing! That's funny even in my brain, and so I'd love it in real life. Save room for me in your car next year cause I'm coming too!
Oh, I hate to say it but your "Starbucks at TACF" story sounds made up. Seems like you're the only one they've told! Nice try, luring me to Canada with coffee. Leave California? Pshhh STOP it...

12:42 PM

 
Blogger beth said...

ya that sounds like crazy fun. .... note to self for next time... bring video camera. maija

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Steve
I have discovered your blog, and what entertainment it is!!
Perhaps you should bring one of your bikes over to England and rip up some of our winding country lanes...only don't tell anyone that it was my idea!!

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

my goodness, I'll have to rent a bus!

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home