you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Thursday, March 10, 2005

I'm a Toys R Us...kid??

I love Toys R Us!! Me and my bro and K-Man go there once and a while and have a great time messing around playing with the swords and hockey equipment and riding around on those kids size bikes. On weedsday afternoon I went to the store in Barrie, but this time I was actually looking for a something to buy. A friend of mine just had a baby boy and I went to get one of them shower gifts. That was a first for me. I'm not a big fan of shopping for gifts cause usually I don't have a clue what to get. It was the same situation this time. I started thinking of the usual baby gifts but I wanted to get something different and sweet. So my plan of attack was to walk around till I found something that made me smile while nodding and smirk at the same time.

At first all I saw was just crap. All these useless sounds and moving and wobbling junk. But then I found this tool bench do-ha with a hammer and you hit these nail like objects and they made cool "boing" sounds. Not bad. Ya I know, this little dude can't use complicated toys yet, but crap, I ain't gonna give him squeeze and chew toys or drool absorbing fluffy things. When he's older I want him to remember the gift that uncle Steve got him. Then I spotted this three-in-one (points just for that) sports deal with a real baseball bat and tee ball to swing at, golf club and a putting hole, and a baseket ball with a hoop. And it said that the little dude only had to be 9 months to use it. Sweet Deal!!

By the time I left the store I felt very satisfied and mature. Satisfied cause I accomplished something I'd never done before. And mature cause I bought a gift for a baby, possibly triggered the father thing in me, and I didn't cause a commotion or get on the intercom and page my brother to the cash as a lost child.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Toys R Us totally rocks - it was one of the only stores in England where you could buy NFL shirts and sweet japanese airfix kits - oh yeah!

BTW - Tell your bro that I haven't forgotten about the gas money - I'll be at FW on the Saturday PM...

See ya!

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Jon L said...

Dude, Have you ever gone and tried to press all the toys that make noise all at once? Its so fun and people get really pissed off.

11:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toys R US has GREAT barbies! Er...they used to when I was like 7,OK 15. It's not like I play with barbies anymore, alright?

Tis hard picking out the "perfect gift" for someone. I think the kid's gonna love what you gave him.

ps. Hyde is pretty fly, but you're a GUY. Would you want to win a date with:
a. Donna
b. Jackie
c. Kitty (the mom!)hahahaha

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

well sarah, I wouldn't want to win a date with any of them. Jackie is to retarded and full of herself, donna is probably taller than me and she is mean, and Kitty ewwww!!!!!!! way to old! and besides that, "winning" a date with someone is almost as bad as asking out a stripper right after one of their shows. blah!! haha I put the word stripper on my own blog haha

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home