you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Quick, Easy Money...sorta legal

Yesterday our good friend Brian arrived at Pearson in the afternoon. Brian is my brothers friend but I like him to so I've claimed friendship with him to. His flight arrived at 1:30pm but we got to the airport a little early.

We drove into that huge parking area at terminal 1 and I noticed that there was quite a few of those luggage trolley's kicking around. Then I noticed that they have those return things now where you get a quarter back for the safe return of your trolly. So we jokingly returned a few trolleys and now had a few quarters. Suddenly I became addicted to getting quarters for next to free out of that little return dish. This led to a mad frenzy of running like idiots around the parking garage collecting as many trolleys as we could find. First pushing two at a time, then trying franticly to push six in the right direction at the same time!!

Well wouldn't you know that "they" don't like you getting all of their quarters. We had just about collected all the trolleys when I noticed a security car cruising around the lot. After it rounded the corner and out of sight for a second I made a mad dash for the last two. I got them into the return slot with quarters in hand just before it pulled up the the door where the cart return was and the bridge to the terminals. Walking as innocently as possible we made our way to the terminal with the security car watching us escape with our stash of quarters. hahahahaha!!! I really thought we were gonna get a talking to. So $5.75 later we parked for free and left with 25 cents in my pocket.

There was more airport antics starring Brian, he loves making a chaotic scene in public, but that will be my next post....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man-Speilberg would've had a likeness-rights field day!

(nah not really-Jews are the only decent folk this side of the West Bank...)

(ooh was I being political? sorry-I think...)

Matt

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

Pardon my ignorance Matt, but I can't think of who you are and I don't have a clue what you commented about...but if you were just being random, good job-I think...

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

great story... don't forget to tithe 10% to your cell leader

ahem!

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

BTW the pic of George is awesome

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

I found a better pic, haha

9:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, put the monkey back! Juuuuust kidding, this picture is way better.

You and your brother are crazy Canadians. I just went to the airport on Sunday and paid $5 to park for an hour. After all that I still couldn't find my friend. As I was paying I thought about the luggage cart idea...oh well. If I had a crazy brother maybe I'd have done it too.

10:44 AM

 
Blogger beth said...

That's awesome my sister Krista does that as well, I guess she's in your club. Say hi to Brian!!!! maija

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

How hilarious!
You have to watch 'The terminal'.

12:44 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

I saw that movie actually, probably were I got the idea...

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home