you know it's real when there's nothing left to reveal

Monday, September 19, 2005

Back to School


TeamOneil
Originally uploaded by Sgt Steve.

Normally I would turn green and go into shock at the thought of going to school again (based on high school memories of course). But this time I'm excited. For about 6 years now I've been hearing people talk about "dreams" and pursuing them and what not. Racing is my biggest dream, so I finally decide to go to school, racing school. It will answer a lot of questions I have. Like: How good am I? Can I have a career in this? Do I really love this? you know, Q's like that. Whatever the answers are to these questions, I really don't care, I just want answers. I know I will love racing and motorsports till the day I die. I just want to know if this is a direction I should go with my life. I want all you to know this now cause if I do end up racing as a career than you will know of my humble beginings and hopefully see clearly that if it wasn't for my relationship with God and the support from my amazing family and wonderful friends, than I would never have even come close to trying this. So on October 3 I leave for New Hamshire for the 4 day school. Afterwards I'm detouring through New Brunswick to visit friends and help Jake bring his stuff back to Toronto. When I get home I'll have a lot of questions answered and a Racing License in my pocket, sweeeeeeeeet!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Sgt Steve said...

Thanks Holli!! I will have fun, and at the school to!

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

dude... that's one of the coolest things i've heard of in a long time... rock on!!! you've gotta try... maybe you won't like it, or maybe you will... but you'll never know unless you try... you're getting over the biggest hurdle... i think it's awesome...

9:40 AM

 
Blogger beth said...

wow, Steve...have a blast! I'm glad it makes you feel ALIVE. Ahhhh! I'm quite excited for you...
bethany

9:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's you in the car, right?

Hurray for dreams coming true!You never know...maybe you'll be the next Mario Andretti. But if that doesn't work out, you can always get a job at Tim Hortins, eh? (Don't do it.)Go get em' tiger. =)

11:37 PM

 
Blogger Jon L said...

Yo man, do a flat slide for me...

7:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, I love reading your blog....and now this, school! Its the only way you'll really know what you want to do. Remember Stan Smith? He always says, "God can only direct a ship if its moving not when its tied up in the harbour." So go sailing and see what God says. I'll be praying for you, Joni.

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

I wish that WAS me in the car Sarah, but its not...YET!!

Flat slide it is Jon. I'm not sure exactly what that is but, I make it up or something, lol.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support, you peoples are a big part of the reason I'm trying this. You's ROCK!!!!

4:04 PM

 
Blogger Jake-M said...

Way to go Steve, I can see it now, you cruisin to the sounds of Busta Rhymes in your lowered Mitsubishi, racing liscence hanging from the rear-view mirror.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

Busta Rhymes?!?!?!

No way dude. try Blindside or Pillar or The Nodes even....

But everything else you mentioned is perfect!!!

10:48 AM

 
Blogger Jake-M said...

Why do you have to lie? I know you cruise to Hip-Hop. Busta, Luda, Sha-Na-Na. You love it.

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

ya, your right jake. you know me well. lol

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

i'm so excited... just wear your seatbelt or something, ok?

10:28 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's awesome! Good for you!

8:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home